Sunday, September 8, 2013

Soapbox Time

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick follow up note to the market experience in Indy last weekend. Fair warning I am on my soapbox!

The music festival we showed at, and I used that word cautiously, was actually held in a neighborhood called Broad Ripple. Unbelievably cool neighborhood with great restaurants and shops. The best part is that they are all INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES. 

Now the reason I make such a huge deal is independent business is what we are, we breathe, we promote. All of our fellow vendors are independent businesses so we are all in favor of it.

Recently a Whole Foods try to sneak into Broad Ripple and the residents took up a huge battle to keep a huge chain out. They already have two independent food stores and are thrilled with them, so no big stores are welcome.

Here is the slogan we saw everywhere, especially on T-shirts.

Sweet Angelique let me take her picture and I promised her I would write an article supporting Broad Ripple and all their wonderful INDEPENDENT merchants. Keep strong and keep going, we like you just the way you are. Yes, let's KEEP Broad Ripple LOCAL.

I will now step down off my soapbox,

Suz



No comments:

Post a Comment